Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 7th Run (Week 14, Day 52)


Yep, no link today.  I woke up this morning to a fresh layer of icy snow on the sidewalks.  There's no way I can run with me trying to check out my knee on ice today.  So, I threw on some tunes, and ran on the elliptical in the Dog House.  Sorry, the Dog House is the first floor of our house here in Germany.  It's my area... all my uniforms, my bathroom, a spare bedroom, and our game room.  Basically, it's my area in case Maria ever gets mad at me, I can get away and she doesn't have to see me till she calms down.  Not to mention, with as much running as I have been doing, I didn't want to track my smelly clothes through the house!

I ran for 30 minutes today, granted there was no real impact on my knee to check it out 100%, but I am comfortable saying that I am at at least 80% right now.  It ffelt really good to run in just shorts & a short sleeve shirt today!  It's been awhile since I have been able to run with this little clothing!  I felt almost free!  Hahaha!


This will not count in my final tally for mileage & time.  I am only going to count the runs that I do out on the street for that.  I really think our elliptical console is unreliable as it said I only ran 1.4 miles today in 30 minutes!  That's extremely laughable since out on the road I am running 6 miles in an hour and I run 1.5 miles in around 12-13 minutes.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back out on the road on Saturday for my long run day.  I probably won't go the full 10 miles like I am supposed to, but I got to get caught back up to where I can do my LRDs.  Without those, April will be a flop.  I will probably just let me knee decide what Iam going to run on Saturday.  Wish me luck ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment