Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 2, Day 4 by kingsolo at Garmin Connect - Details

Let's catch up, shall we.

Week 2

Day 1 - Stretch & strengthen. I got some good deep stretches in. I did push ups & situps, as well as some powerband exercises.

Day 2 - This was an odd day. I was supposed to do a 3 mile run. Instead, my unit has military PT (Physical Training) on Tuesdays. One of the guys ran us through an hour of college football type drills in the base gym, while alternating laps around the gym floor. It hurt a little.

Day 3 - The tightness has really set in from yesterday's workout. Think I actually pulled an oblique. Hurts to bend sideways so badly I want to smack someone! I was awakened at 12:00am by a pretty gnarly sinus headache... yes, I've been battling this stuff for close to 2 weeks now, honestly with no relief in sight! Got home, thinking I was going to run. Instead, relaxed. Headache finally went away around 8:00pm, just in time for bed!

Day 4 - Below is the link from this mornings run. Pretty tough run, especially the long uphill stretch as I was coming back in to Queidersbach. I haven't run that hill in a long time, and I see why. It's probably 1/2 - 3/4 mile stretch that is all a pretty decent incline grade. I powered through it, but my legs were on fire.


On a side note, I picked up new running shoes yesterday. The BX stopped carrying my Asics Gel Nimbus 11's. They upgraded to the Gel Nimbus 12's. I got them. They look hot like fire, but the verdict is still out on thier runability.

No comments:

Post a Comment