Saturday, February 27, 2010

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Feb 27th Run (Week 6, Run 70)

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Feb 27th Run (Week 6, Run 70)

Click the link above for my run from this morning.

Man, a half marathon is as long as it sounds! If you look at the track at the link above, you'll see it came out to 11.84, or something like that, miles. I had a GPS error. I looked down at my wrist and noticed that somehow the stop button got pressed. So, there is a bit of time & mileage that didn't get counted. I know it ran fine all the way out, so it was on the way back, around 8.9 miles... not exactly sure how long it was stopped though. I know I ran out 6.5 miles, so it should've come to 13ish miles total.

Worn my new shoes today.  Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to buy a new set of quick laces.  Quick laces are this bungee cord material with one of those plastic squeeze lock things to hold it tight.  It allows the shoe to be tight to the foot, but expand as your feet swell with the pounding of the pavement.  I wore the regular laces today and had to stop a couple times to retie my shoes.

I wore out my first pair of Under Armour compression shorts.  The material, I guess from the friction & constant washings, has began to pile.  It's no longer smooth, which caused some chafing today... not fun!

All that after working the overnight shift!

In case ya'll want a beautiful area to go walk through, the town of Steinalben is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!  It kept me pushing forward to see what else I'd get to discover!  Will definately have to go walk though this area & just take my time to enjoy the scenery one day as the weather gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment