Saturday, December 5, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Dec 5th Run (Week 19, Day 44)

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Dec 5th Run (Week 19, Day 44)

Click the link above to see my run from this morning!

Man, long run today! A hair over 9 miles! It was cold & dreary today.

I ran through Horbach to this resturant that Maria & I had found before. It's a biker... as in pedal bike, not motorcycle... resturant in the bottom of this valley just on the other side of Horbach, before the turn to the village of Schopp. I run the sidewalks through Horbach, but I found where the bike trail picks back up, right at the Festplatz (Festival Place) at the foot of the church. It was a good run, but let me tell you, 9 miles will wear you out!

The resturant is in an old farm house, and is also a hotel, or Guesthaus.  Is sits at the bottom of a valley, with a creek and spilt rail fencing that keeps horses in a pasture.  The valley wall on the south side have HUGE rocks justting out of it, of which most are covered with an extremely bright green moss or alge.  It really is something out of a fairy tale!  Will see if I can grab a picture this week!  Ready for my next long run now so I can go see it & bask in it's beauty.

Shin didn't hurt so bad after an extra day of rest that was actually for my hamstring!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment