Saturday, December 26, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Dec 26th Run (Week 16, Run 49)

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Dec 26th Run (Week 16, Run 49)

Click the link above for my run from this morning.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know. Shame on me for not having run more over the past 2 weeks. Yes, I know I still have a marathon to run, and yes, I know that if I don't get my runs in, I won't be able to finish the race. Working mids, the first since I left Korea, really zapped me. I have them again next week, but I think I am getting used to them again. I have to learn to get my runs in, as after the New Year, I will be working a rotating shift schedule... 2 days at 0600-1400, 2 swings at 1400-2200, 2 mids at 2200-0600, then 1 1/2 days off. So, it will be a challenge. Maria asked me the other day, and forgive me but I can't remember the words she used, but the way I took it was her asking me if I had lost focus or motivation toward my goal. I want to assure everyone, NO! In fact, after today, I am MORE focused & motivated! I looked at my wall chart I made and this week was my halfway point!

This 30 week program by Hal Higdon seems like the first half is a gradual build up to a normal 16 week marathon prep program. The next 15 weeks, instead of gradual build up, seems like it makes leaps & bounds to get you up to 20 miles for the longest run of the program. It's a little nerve racking looking at the mileages per week, but I know I have put down 25ish miles in a week, so I should be able to keep up. One of my favorite movie quotes is from Major Payne with one of the 400 Wayans brothers,
"Alright my little patch of brussel sprouts, uproot yourselves and get some
rest... tomorrow, we gonna start the hard stuff!"




Merry Christmas to ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment