Friday, October 2, 2009

Cleared

This may not seem like a big deal, but yesterday was a pretty big day for me. I had to go meet with the Flight Surgeon. He is a special kind of doctor who caters to people, like controllers & pilots, who are on flight status. No, I don't fly planes or anything, but the government feels that my job is important enough, that I have to follow the same medical rules as pilots.

I had to get clearance through their office to run the marathon... it's a French thing according to the marathon website & the flight surgeon. It was a pretty intensive test... about 45 minutes worth of listening to my internal organs, bending my legs all around, answering questions about my runs & running program, etc.
He finally signed the paperwork, clearing me to run the marathon in April.

This is huge to me because this time last year, no doctor in their right mind would have signed a paper saying I was in the right shape to run a marathon. It's one more thing that will help keep me motivated I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment