Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Nov 4th Run (Wek 23, Day 30)


Click the link above for my run from this evening.

Man, what an eventful run tonight. I saw this break off from the trail on my run on Saturday, so I figured, since I am running with some sunlight, I'd try a new trail today. More on that in a second.

God decided it was time to start cleaning house today. It was some pretty gusty wind all morning here, so it blew a lot of the leaves off the trees during the storms. It was awesome, running with a perfetly laid, autumn colored carpet at my feet.   This picture isn't of the trail I was running on, but it sure is a close approximation, though, the trail that I was running had a much plusher carpet of leaves, no tire tracks, and was 100 times more gorgeous than this picture.  In fact, even if I went to take a picture of the trail tomorrow, I doubt a picture could do it justice.  The experience was amazing!  I do not deserve the blessings God gives me!

So, back to the trail I took today. It looked like it was another of the paved walking/bike trails around here that I normally run on. I get about 1/2 mile down the trial, and it turns in to Mississippi dual rut gavel road. If you don't know what they looks like, here's a good example. The bad thing about this is it collects the water. Since it rained this morning, and the leaves were falling, it made like the leafy, murky camoflauge for the puddles, or should I say lakes. My shoes are now soaked & muddy. That wasn't the worst part about the trail though.

This trail, about 1.5 miles out to where I turned around, was mostly uphill. It wound through the foothills around Queidersbach. If I would have kept running, it would have dropped me out on top of Queidersbach hill that I discussed in one of my earlier blogs. But even still, this wasn't the worst part about the trail.

Around the point where I turned around, there was what could only be described as a Nazi training camp! Big sand pit, plain metal monkey bars, the works. Nothing that really denoted it as a Nazi training camp, but it really looked like the same stuff you see on CNN when they show confiscated videos of Al Queda training camps! LOL! I'm sure it wasn't, but it was just out of no where. There were other runners on this trail, so I am positive it was safe.

I still won't be running this trail again. I'm a pavement pounder, not a root jumper. I prefer running on paved surfaces, no matter how bad they say it is on my knees. I figure, I'm running my marathon on paved road, I might as well put Coach Jim Sizemore's words to use, practice how you want to play boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment