Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Nov 25th Run (Week 20, Day 40)

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Nov 25th Run (Week 20, Day 40)

Click the link above for my run from this morning.

Today's run was a pretty good one. Almost had to stop a little short as my distance was getting close to 6.66 miles! LOL! Call me superstitious, but with the problem I had with my knee & my current shin problem, I'm not chancing it! But I was able to make it to my stopping point at 6.60 miles.

Shin was a little better on the pain scale, but nagged me a little longer than on yesterday's run. I'm just working to get to my 2 day break after my long run & I'm going to ice the mess out of it. I may even soak it in an ice bath for 20 minutes to see if that'll help it... not really!

It was nice & the sun was shining today. What a welcome change from either runs before dawn, runs after sunset, or runs through dull gray fog. It was a little foggy, which made me realize something kind of neat.

When I was training for my SCUBA certification, we talked about something called a thermocline. See Allen, some people actually do pay attention in class! :) A thermocline is a point in the water that you can actually see, where the temperature changes. That's what it was like today! I was running through some light fog, that was actually hitting about mid chest level. Then I ran down a hill and I was fully in the fog & it was colder. As I climbed back up the next hill, I felt the warmth go from my head, all the way down to my knees before I went back down into the fog. I've said it many times on here, I'm a science nerd, so seeing something like that on my run made it all worth while!

No comments:

Post a Comment