Saturday, November 7, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Nov 7th Run (Week 23, Day 32)

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Nov 7th Run (Week 23, Day 32)

Click the link above for my run from this morning.


Today was a special run. I participated in World Run Day, that I blogged about a couple weeks ago. Basically, World Run Day is an event that people can sign up for, and run either by themselves, or in a local group, to help raise money for the charity of your choice. Of course, I donated to Livestrong. I was only slated to run 6 miles for my World Run Day entry, but I wound up running 8.25.  I was planning on doing around 7.5 miles today, but lost track of my mileage as I neared Horbach.  At least I know I am capable of making it that far!  LOL!  Next week is a step back week.  I cannot afford to lose track of my mileage next week.  The step back weeks are designed to let your muscles repair the micro tears you put in them by extending your runs, and to give you body extra time to heal.  It's expecting to run a long istance, so when you run a shorter distance, it seems easier to run longer the next time.  I'll admit, it's been a few weeks since I did a step back week, so this will be a welcome change of pace.  Not to mention, I have swing shifts next week at work, so I need to figure out what time I am going to run... I may just keep it the same though, just to stay in some sort of cycle.

I took Horbach, the next village past Linden, by storm this morning. A whole new batch of people staring at me wondering what this guy is doing, where are those weird sounds coming from, and why is he spraying our village with snot rockets! LOL! I made a loop around their church and back to Queidersbach.  Sorry, I looked extensively through Google, and couldn't find 1 picture of Horbach, Germany.  I did learn that there are 2, 1 is up near the Netherlands, and I did not run to there!

It was pretty chilly this morning when I started running, but my gear kept me warm enough once I started running. I had a head wind on the way out to Horbach, with a driving, misty rain the entire run. It rained pretty much every day this week over here. Made my autumn carpeted running trails a mushy mess!

I can definately tell the difference when I use the Jelly Belly Sport Beans! Man, it's crazy how much 15 jelly beans will feed your muscles. I know, they aren't exactly ordinary jelly beans, but I did read a few forum posts about someone who uses just your plain old jelly life savers. Makes me wonder!


Today was special for another reason. I am 1/4 of the way to Paris right now. That's a huge accomplishment for me. I still have a LONG way to go on the fundraising though, as I don't think I have gotten 1 donation! *sigh*  Hopefully my band of friends will swoop in and save the day!  Most of the folks I know are procrastonators anyway!  Love you guys & gals though!

No comments:

Post a Comment